Contact: Fabiola Perez, Public Service Center Coordinator
Phone: (602) 340-7293 or Fabiola.Perez@staff.azbar.org
The State Bar of Arizona and ABC15 Arizona team up to provide free legal help for Arizona consumers
PHOENIX – August 7, 2023
The State Bar of Arizona and ABC15 Arizona are teaming up to provide a free legal hotline on the topic of family law.
The free live call-in opportunity will take place Wednesday, August 16 during ABC15 newscasts between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Volunteer lawyers will answer calls live during newscast segments anchored by ABC15 Arizona Investigative Consumer reporter Joe Ducey.
“We’re so thankful for the commitment that ABC15 has made by partnering with the State Bar in the creation of monthly opportunities for Arizonans to receive access to justice”, said Benjamin Taylor, President, State Bar of Arizona Board of Governors.
“The State Bar of Arizona does amazing work for our community” said Anita Helt, vice president and general manager at ABC15 Arizona. “The attorneys who have so graciously volunteered their time have helped more than 1,000 of our viewers in a variety of legal areas and we are grateful.”
What: Arizona Attorneys Respond; Let Joe Know Live Phone Bank on Family Law issues
When: August 16, 2023, 5 – 7 p.m.
*Live call-in number to be provided on ABC15 starting at 4:30pm.
About the State Bar
The State Bar of Arizona is a non-profit organization that operates under the supervision of the Arizona Supreme Court. The Bar includes approximately 25,000 active attorneys and provides education and development programs for the legal profession and the public. Since 1933, the Bar and its members have been committed to serving the public by making sure the voices of all people in Arizona are heard in our justice system.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff, ION Mystery, Defy TV and TrueReal. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
# # #
- Arizona Attorney Magazine wins national award for Vietnam anniversary coverage
- The State Bar of Arizona and ABC15 Arizona team up to provide free legal help for Arizona consumers
- Arizona Attorneys Respond: Consumers to Benefit from Volunteer Attorneys on the Topic of Family Law
- Benjamin Taylor New Bar President
- Governor vetoes SB1435
- State Bar Partners with City of Glendale for Free Legal Clinic
- Character and Fitness Committee seeking non-lawyers
- AZ Attorneys Respond: Law Day Clinic 2022
- Statement from State Bar president Jennifer Rebholz
- Arizona Attorney Magazine wins national award
- State Bar Board Sworn In
- State Bar Response to Killing of George Floyd
- Rule Changes and Code Section Proposals Affecting the Practice of Law
- Proposed Rule Changes Affecting the Practice of Law